7.12.2012

Insta - fun!

I got a chance to participate in the Weekly Challenge on SC's blog again this week so here it is...


I used my Elmwood Park kit + Add-Ons for this layout and I even tried a new technique on my page, stamping with bleach!

I used bleach to stamp the "lined circle" stamp onto my aqua card stock for a subtle background effect.  I was super nervous about trying this technique because I was worried to death I would spill some bleach on myself or my supplies, but I didn't spill anything....this time!  Ha!

The challenge was all about using banners and buttons, so I incorporated them both into this layout of Avery hanging out by the lake.  I used Instagram, Snapster, and Picfx to edit my iPhone pics.  Hence, the title "Insta-fun!".



I absolutely love those huge resin flowers that came with the kit.  

OAN - I'm officially starting the countdown to our beach vacation today!  16 days from now we will be arriving in Destin and relaxing on the beach.  So. Excited.

In the meantime (to help pass the time, ha!), I'm starting to make lists of things we need to pack, buying some travel items, and planning out what tasks need to be completed in the next couple of weeks before we leave.  School starts one week after we return so I want to be ready and not rushing around trying to get everything together when we get back from Florida.  Oooh!  I can't wait to do nothing but lay on the beach for a week!  So. Excited.

Happy Thursday!  TFL!


3 comments:

  1. I just found your blog. I think your scrapstyle is awesome! Really inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Brenda! I really appreciate your kind words :)

    ReplyDelete